- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 15 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:AKAYCENTRIC. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/AKAYCENTRIC, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/AKAYCENTRIC.
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Akinola Olumuyiwa Oshodi|
|Born||Error: Need valid birth date: year, month, day|
Benin City, Nigeria
|Origin||Lagos State, Nigeria|
|Genres||Afropop, Highlife, R&B|
|Years active||2010 – present|
|Labels||Monkey Media House|
|Associated acts||Patoranking, Runtown, Davido, Wizkid, Wande Coal, Mr Eazi|
AKAYCENTRIC (born Akinola Olumuyiwa Oshodi February 8, in Benin City, Nigeria) is a Nigerian singer, songwriter and entrepreneur. He is best known for featuring Ice Prince in his first single titled Addicted. He currently signed to an international entertainment company Monkey Media Limited.
Early life and education[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
AKAYCENTRIC was born
in Benin City, Nigeria. When AKAYCENTRIC was 7 years old, his family moved to Jaji, Kaduna where he spent his childhood. He completed his primary education from command children's school, jaji kaduna state from 1995 to 2001 and secondary school from 2001 to 2008 in ikeja lagos state in Nigeria.
AKAYCENTRIC ran a part time school programme at Lagos State University Anthony, Lagos state, from 2010 to 2012. In 2013, he gained admission into Lagos state university ojo, lagos and graduated with a double honours in 2017 with a degree in Accounting and Education. He graduated from international secondary school ipaja lagos state.
AKAYCENTRIC also has a degree in music from Ten Strings Music Institute.
Career[edit | hide | edit source]
Some of the personalities AKAYCENTRIC has worked with include Tosyn Bucknor, Nomoreloss, Ice Prince, Mickey 4, Password, Suka Sounds, E Kelly, Ossaii, Fiokee, Dr. Chris, Mrs. Smart, Waje and Eddie Lawani. Also featured on the next big thing 2014 by ynaija magazine.
This Nigerian singer was known as AKAY until 2017 when he changed his stage name to AKAYCENTRIC.
Signles[edit | hide | edit source]
Performances[edit | hide | edit source]
Personal life[edit | hide | edit source]
AKAYCENTRIC formerly also professional known as Akay. AKAYCENTRIC is the 2nd son and third child of colonel E. O Oshodi and Mrs Adewunmi Oshodi. He currently resided in ikeja lagos state, Nigeria with his family.
References[edit | hide | edit source]
- "Akaycentric – After All (EP)". NIGERIAN NEWS 360. April 7, 2017.
- "TENSTRINGS MUSIC INSTITUTE PRESENTS ONES TO WATCH". Hyrish.com. Sep 18, 2015.
- "Akay(@Akay01) - Fly Feat. Squeel". Naijapromo.co. July 25, 2013.
- "THENEXTBIGTHING: AKAY SAYS I DON TRY NA!". YNaija. Nov 18, 2011.
- "PUBLIC NOTICE! AKAY now AKAYCENTRIC". Suss Magazine. March 28, 2017.
- "MUSIC: AKAY – "PARACHUTE" (PROD. BY PASSWORD)". Naija Jam Box. October 10, 2015.
- "MUSIC: AKAY – "PARACHUTE" (PROD. BY PASSWORD)". ConfirmGist.com.ng.
- "Akay - After All Feat. Fiokee (Prod. by E-Kelly)". Nigeria 70. March 14, 2017.
- "Akay Drops Follow Up Track To His Hit Single Featuring Fiokee, Produced By E-Kelly". Suss Magazine. March 13, 2017.
- "Akaycentric drops new single, tasks musicians on 'decent' songs". Pizona News. April 2, 2017.
- "Akay - Poise and class magazine interview". Joomag.
- "Erico Anthony & Silver Onyinyechi Ezenezi Win Mr And Miss Nigeria International". Nairaland.
- "MBGL 2016". AUTHORITY NEWS PAPER.
- "AKAY-PERFORMED LIVE AT THE GLO FESTIVAL 2016]". VENIKBOX ENTERTAINMENT.
- "Entertainers brace up for the Ones2Watch Concert". Pulse.ng: News and Entertainment. Sep 15, 2011.