Abdul Ahad IPS
Early life[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
He is a native of Puthige, a small village in Dakshina Kannada District. He completed his primary schooling from St. Ignatius Primary School in Puthige and high school from Jain High School, Moodabidri; followed by Pre-University from Jain PU College, Moodabidri. He is a BA graduate from St. Joseph’s College, Bangalore. He completed his Post Graduation in Human Rights from IIHR, New Delhi. 
Career[edit | hide | edit source]
In 2006, he began his career as a DSP. Post-training, he worked as a DSP in Doddaballapura, Koppa (Chickmagaluru) and Raichur. For a short duration, he served as ACP, Anti-Terrorist Cell, under DCP Intelligence, Bangalore. In 2011, he was deputed as DSP of Bangalore City Lokayukta. The following year, he was promoted to the post of SP of Economic Offences Wing, CID, Bangalore. In 2013, he took over as the Adl. SP of Bangalore Rural. In 2015, he was back as the SP of Lokayukta. He was posted as DCP, Whitefield on 7 August 2017. He investigated many high profile cases as DSP, Lokayukta.  As Lokayukta officer, there were many attempts to arm-twist him as he was probing big guns. This includes a complaint lodged with Anti-Corruption Bureau. He was awarded CMs Gold Medal in 2010 for controlling Naxalism in Chickmagalur District.
References[edit | hide | edit source]
- "23 KSPS officers promoted to IPS - Bangalore Mirror -". Bangalore Mirror. Retrieved 2017-09-13.
- "Yeddyurappa ARRESTED, sent to judicial custody". Rediff. Retrieved 2017-09-13.
- "Disproportionate assets case: Lokayukta files FIR against IAS officer".
- "Senior IAS officer scares Lokayukta officials with suspicious powder!".
- "ACB ORDER AGAINST LOKAYUKTA SP COULD LEAD TO A SHOWDOWN".
- "Probe against Lokayukta SP, Anekal cop for violating norms".