- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 14 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Akash_Adhikari. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Akash_Adhikari, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Akash_Adhikari.
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Personal life[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
Akash Adhikari is well-liked Nepali film director and producer . Akash Adhikari is born to father Mr. Min Bahadur and mother Mrs. Hirakumari, Adhikari has completed his bachelor’s degree in sociology, and diploma in filmmaking from Madhumati Institute in Mumbai. He is the founder and CEO of The Sky Movies Pvt. Ltd., which he established in 1999 A.D Mr. Adhikari has now already produced and directed more than a dozen movies. Apart from his in-house productions, the director has also been involved in the direction of movies which were produced by people outside his production house. The director is one of the most dynamic forces in the Nepali cine world and his involvement in cinema extends to acting, writing screenplay, story writing and research.
Career[edit | hide | edit source]
Akash Adhikari Started his career at the age of 24, he worked as an assistant director in Hindi TV serial “Filmoniya”, and debuted as a director in “Ranabhoomi”. “Ranabhoomi” is an acclaimed movie that achieved him a national award for the best director. “Panchhi”, “Daag”, “Ko Aafno Ko Birano”, “Ukali Orali”, “Krodh”, Kathmandu(Film) and “Kohinoor (2014 film) are among the popular movies directed by Akash Adhikari.
His first movie Ranabhoomi earned him the best director’s award and since that rare feat of earning best director award with a debut movie Mr. Adhikari has never looked back. His subsequent films were loved by the masses and acclaimed by the critics. Coming to the point of his 14th directorial venture, ‘K Ma Timro Hoina Ra?’, the director has given the industry a number of hits like Krodh, Panchi, Kathmandu and Kohinoor. He has also performed lead roles in five of those films and is one of the rare persons of the industry who acts, directs, produces and writes story for his movies.
Filmography[edit | hide | edit source]
|1998||Ranabhoomi(Nepali Film)||Dhiren Shakya,Karishma Manandhar, Rajender KC||Yes||No|
|2002||Panchhi(Nepali Film)||Akash Adhikari, Shiv Shrestha, Karishma Manandhar, Aryan Adhikari||Yes||Yes|
|2017||Ke Ma Timro Hoina Ra||Aryan Adhikari , Mariska Pokharel , Mithila Sharma ,Gauri Malla||Yes||No||No|
Awards & Nominations[edit | hide | edit source]
- Best Director of the Year for the movie "Ranabhoomi" by the Kollywood Cine Association
- Best Actor of the Year - 2008 for the movie 'Janayuddha' by the National Awards Committee, Govt. of Nepal.
- Best Story of the Year - 2012 award from the Digital Film Award for the Movie Kathmandu(Film)
- Best Director of the Year 2013 for the movie Kathmandu(Film) by NFTA.