- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 12 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Alexander_Fechner. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Alexander_Fechner, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Alexander_Fechner.
Life and work[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
After an apprenticeship in digital print productions in 1998, Fechner studied from 1999 till 2001 graphic design in Darmstadt and Frankfurt. Since 2002 he was in the employment of different agencies like Publicis or Saatchi & Saatchi as a specialist for communication design, and from 2007 till 2013 he worked as a freelancer for clients like Atari, Procter & Gamble or Red Bull.
From 2006 till 2010 he was co-editor of the horror comics series Unheimlich, inspired by the short stories of H. P. Lovecraft. Until 2011 Fechner published miscellaneous illustrations and art contributions for the comics anthology Panik Elektro, the role-playing game Endland, pulp magazine Ferne Welten and the pop-culture journal Toxic Sushi. From 2012 till 2014 he was editor-in-chief of the German language imprint of the DJ Magazine. In 2014 Fechner returned to the advertising industry as a creative director.
Since 2010 he is working with his co-author Eva Junker on the fantasy comics series Unison, an epic science fiction story in English language. The first issue was published in 2012 during the international comics exhibition in Erlangen. 2016 he will be the co-author for the forthcoming comics adaptation of the motion picture Sky Sharks.
Selected works[edit | hide | edit source]
- Sky Sharks, Cross Cult (2016)
- Unison: Corpus Matrix with Eva Junker, Knight & Jay (2014)
- Unison: Ex Orbis Coronae with Eva Junker, Knight & Jay (2012)
- Endland 3 with Marko Djurdjević and Barış Ilktac, Rhombos (2011)
- Der Tag des Gärtners (Day of the Gardener) in Ferne Welten #1, Paradogma (2010)
- Das Puzzle (The Puzzle) with Axel Mende in Unheimlich Asiatisch #2, Edition 52 (2010)
- Grauen (Horror) in Virus Halloween Special #1, Raptor (2008)
- Neun Seiten (Nine Pages) in Unheimlich Asiatisch #1, Edition 52 (2008)
- Reporter der Toten (Reporter of the Dead) in Unheimlich #2, Edition 52 (2008)
- Heimweh (Homesickness), Edition 52 (2006)
- Tzizimime in Panik Elektro #2, Schwarzer Turm (2004)
- Zwischen den Sternen (Between the Stars) in Unheimlich #1, Edition 52 (2006)
- Fahrendes Volk (Wandering People) with Björn Lensig and Malte Belz in Mephisto #22, Ellermeier (2002)
- Von Habgier und Bestien (Of Greed and Beasts) with Dalibor Petrović in Mephisto #21, Ellermeier (2002)
- Endland with Barış Ilktac, Rhombos (2002)