Alexandre Moniz Barbosa
Literary writing[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
Barbosa wrote the novel Touched By The Toe (2004), set in sixteenth-century Goa, and taking its name an incident in which a Portuguese noblewoman bit off a toe from the relics of St Francis Xavier.
In 2011 he published the book Goa Rewound, a socio-political commentary on Goa.
References[edit | hide | edit source]
- Patricia Ann Alvares, 'Fundação Oriente: Unifying languages in short stories', oHeraldo 6 June 2015, http://www.heraldgoa.in/Goa/Funda%C3%A7%C3%A3o-Oriente-Unifying-languages-in-short-stories/89393.html; TNN, 'Goa Stories in Brief', The Times of India, 2 May 2014, http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/Goa-stories-in-brief/articleshow/34505348.cms.
- Frederick Noronha and Pamela D'Mello, 'Goa in Creative Writing', in Mirror to Goa: Identity and the Written Word in a Small Society (Goa: Broadway/Goa,1556, 2010), accessed from https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/goa-book-club/yXbbkTI9tOI.
- "Stories from Goa". Times of India. 3 May 2014. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- Dale Luis Menezes, 'A Thinker Translated', Gomantak Times, 21 July 2010, http://daleluismenezes.blogspot.in/2011/04/thinker-translated.html.
- For excerpts, see Alexandre Moniz Barbosa, 'Almost split down the middle, but Goa finally won it', OHeraldo, 16 January 2015, http://www.heraldgoa.in/Goa/WhenGoaVotedForGoa/Almost-split-down-the-middle-but-Goa-finally-won-it-FOR-GOA/83581.html.
- E.g. 'St Francis Xavier: An Everlasting Icon', in Jesuits in India History and Culture, ed. by Delio de Mendonca (Gujarat Sahitya Prakash, 2008); 'Álvaro da Costa: Journalism, Family Involvement', in Episodio oriental: readings in Indo-Portuguese literature, ed. by Maria Inês Figueira, Oscar de Noronha (Fundação Oriente, 2007), pp. 58ff.
- E.g. ‘Mangoes for Gabru’, Muse India, 64 (November-December 2015), http://museindia.com/focuscontent.asp?issid=50&id=4293.