Alfred A. Barrios
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 7 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Alfred_A._Barrios. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Alfred_A._Barrios, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Alfred_A._Barrios.
Education[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
Career[edit | hide | edit source]
Barrios puts on His 3-hour Instructors workshop for school teachers across the country after which the teachers can in turn teach the SPC program to students, this is the program which has been able to reduce school dropout from 56% to 16%; he also lectures to medical professionals across the country on the enhanced mind-body approach to reviving the body's natural defenses against cancer, an area in which he has achieved international recognition. In 1996, he received the first annual Cancer Federation Award in psychoneuroimmunology from the Cancer Federation,Template:Failed verificationTemplate:Third-party inline and was nominated for the Norman Cousins Award in Mind-Body Health.
Bibliography[edit | hide | edit source]
Barrios is the author of four published books:
- Towards Greater Freedom and Happiness (1978), ISBN 0-9601926-1-1;
- The Stress Test (1983) Reached as high as #2 on the LA Times Best Seller List ISBN 9780960192632;
- The Habit Buster (1987), ISBN 0-9601926-4-6;
- Understanding Hypnosis: Theory, Scope and Potential (2009), ISBN 978-1-60692-709-0.