Amber Atherton (born 9 February 1991, in Hong Kong) is a British entrepreneur known for co-creating and appearing in the reality television series Made In Chelsea. She is the founder of e-commerce company My Flash Trash.
Career[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
Atherton began modelling as a teenager, appearing in Love Magazine, i-D magazine and Tatler. She coded as a child and set up various businesses before founding cult e-commerce company My Flash Trash when she was 17. She sold My Flash Trash in 2016 for an estimated £2 million.
Atherton gained celebrity as a creator of the popular UK reality television show Made In Chelsea. She has since focused on enterprise, appearing as a Business Buddy on The BBC's Young Dragon's Den show, Pocket Money Pitch and judging the UK's national enterprise challenge. Atherton was listed as the "5th Most Powerful Person in Digital Fashion" by British Vogue in 2011, and named part of the Forbes 30 Under 30 for 2016. Atherton regularly speaks at conferences, schools and universities on the topic of entrepreneurship, and consults for start ups and venture capital firms.
References[edit | hide | edit source]
- Levin, Angela (11 June 2013). "My perfect weekend: Amber Atherton, star of 'Made in Chelsea'". Daily Telegraph.
- Barns, Sarah (15 July 2015). "Made In Chelsea's Amber Atherton on launching £3.5m jewellery business". Daily Mail.
- Partington, Lucy (2 November 2015). "Here are Amber Atherton's Christmas beauty essentials". Cosmopolitan (magazine).
- Lynch, Russell (2015-11-16). "Entrepreneurs: Amber Atherton finds true calling with My Flash Trash". Evening Standard. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- Krentcil, Faran (March 27, 2014). "Is Amber Atherton the Next Victoria Beckham?". Elle. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
- McGrath, Nick (2 July 2013). "Amber Atherton: 'I undercut my school by selling uniforms'". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
- Geoghegan, Jill (2 August 2016). "My Flash Trash sold to Hong Kong manufacturing group". Drapers. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
- "How Sudden Celebrity Changes Everything When You're Running A Startup". Business Insider. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- Felstead, Binky (2015-03-12). Being Binky. Simon and Schuster. ISBN 9781471134586.
- Hombach, Jean-Pierre. Paris Hilton The Shocking Starlet. Lulu.com. ISBN 9781471611032.
- "Young entrepreneurs: Amber Atherton, My Flash Trash | Startups.co.uk: Starting a business advice and business ideas". Startups.co.uk: Starting a business advice and business ideas. 2016-03-22. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- Alexander, Ella (8 Dec 2011). "Digital Power List". British Vogue. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- Adobe. "Adobe Summit 2014 EMEA - The Reinvention of Marketing - Amber Atherton (Part 8) on Adobe TV". AdobeTV. Retrieved 2017-02-04.
- "Amber Atherton Speaking At Adobe Summit EMEA | Digital Marketing Blog". Digital Marketing Blog. 2014-04-04. Retrieved 2017-02-04.