This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Amer Abdallah (born Sept. 6, 1977) is a Jordanian-American professional kickboxer. He is the current WKA World Cruiserweight Champion, having previously held the WKA United States Cruiserweight Championship and WKA Intercontinental Cruiserweight Championship.
Amateur career[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
Abdallah had a successful amateur career that spanned from 1991-1998.
Amateur Accomplishments[edit | hide | edit source]
- 1991 U.S. Karate team - Tokyo, Japan
- 1992 Gold Medal - USAKF Junior Olympics
- 2 time Atlantic League Champion
- ISKA North American Light Heavyweight Champion - TKO Joshua Rodriguez (Mexico) 2nd round
- 1996, 1997 Jordanian National Champion
- 1996-1998 Jordanian National Team Member
Professional career[edit | hide | edit source]
Abdallah continued his success in the professional ranks, compiling a 17-0 record to date.
In his debut (October 20, 2000), he defeated Shawn Tompkins to capture the USKBA WNY Title.
First World Title Opportunity[edit | hide | edit source]
In November 2015, Abdallah was scheduled to fight Gareth Richards for the WKA Cruiserweight title. However, Richards failed to board his flight to New York, causing the bout to be canceled just 24 hours before it was to take place.
World Title Victory[edit | hide | edit source]
On May 14, 2016, Abdallah faced Daniel Hughes for the vacant WKA World Cruiserweight Title. Two lead leg roundhouse kicks at the midway point of the second round ended the world title bout. The first caught Hughes in the middle of his right arm, stopping him entirely. The second, and more powerful of the two, landed precisely on the liver ending the bout at the 1:10 mark of the second round, making Abdallah the new champion.
There had been speculation that after the fight, Abdallah would retire to focus on the business side of combat sports. However, he indicated that he would be returning to defend his newly won title.
Notable Wins[edit | hide | edit source]
- October 20, 2000 - Shawn Tompkins - USKBA WNY Title April 20, 2002
- Frank D’Ambra - New York State Light Heavyweight Title November 15, 2003
- Melvin Robinson - WKA Eastern U.S. Title October 9, 2004
- Ronnie Deleon - KICK U.S. Light Heavyweight Title November 12, 2011
- Francois Ambang - WKA U.S. Light heavyweight title November 12, 2012
- Tiawan Howard - WKA U.S. Light Heavyweight Title defense June 7, 2014
- James Wallis - WKA Intercontinental Cruiserweight Title November 15, 2015
- James Hughes - WKA World Cruiserweight Title