- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on February 7 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Andrew_Bassat. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Andrew_Bassat, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Andrew_Bassat.
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Andrew Reuven Bassat is the CEO and co- founder of Seek Limited with his brother Paul Bassat. Since its inception in September 1997, the company has become the #1 Job seeking portal in Australia.
Education[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
Bassat was born to immigrant parents. His father, an IBM executive, was born in Egypt. His mother was born in Poland. Bassat attended Brighton Grammar School.
He graduated with a Bachelor of Science (Computer Science) degree from the University of Melbourne. He also holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) degree from Monash University and a Master of Business Administration degree from Melbourne Business School.
Career[edit | hide | edit source]
Before starting SEEK, Andrew was a management consultant with Booz Allen & Hamilton. Prior to joining Booz and Allen he worked as a solicitor at Corrs Chambers Westgarth.
He was named the 2013 Australian EY Entrepreneur Of The Year.
References[edit | hide | edit source]
- Hyland, Anne (29 January 2016). "Paul Bassat's journey from start-up whizz to venture capitalist". Australian Financial Review magazine.
- Kitney, Damon (16 September 2016). "Our MBAs stand global test, say corporate leaders". The Australian. Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- Zillman, Stephanie (11 December 2013). "SEEK CEO chats to DB: Andrew Bassat".
- Williams, Felicity (12 June 2011). "Seek chief ready to go it alone". Herald Sun.