As an artist, Goldfarb has been working on the ongoing comic series "Ogner Stump's One Thousand Sorrows" since 1997. The comic follows the misadventures of Ogner Stump and his amorphous companion Slub Glub as they explore a surreal version of our modern world. The first 25 episodes were collected in a single volume, published by Wonderalla Books. Goldfarb's column, "Ask the Slow Poisoner" and his comic "Ogner Stump's One Thousand Sorrows" are being published in PORK (magazine).
As a musician, Goldfarb plays as The Slow Poisoner, a One-Man-Surrealistic-Rock-and-Roll-Band. His songs concern "sleeping sickness, weeping willows, woebegotten ne’er-do-wells, creeping fungi, strange passions, furtive meetings, unseen forces, whispering branches, domestic dischord, phantom visitations, the imbibing of mysterious green beverages and strange America." The Slow Poisoner has become a favorite on the playlist of The Clockwork Cabaret, a steampunk-themed radio broadcast that streams worldwide online, and has been an in-studio guest several times. In July 2010, The Slow Poisoner was a headliner at "The League of Temporal Adventurers First Society Gala", the steampunk "after-party" at San Diego Comic-Con International.
Bibliography[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
- Ogner Stump's One Thousand Sorrows (2003)
- Ballad of a Slow Poisoner (2007)
- Slub Glub in the Weird World of the Weeping Willows (2009)
Notes and references[edit | hide | edit source]
- Bizarro Central
- http://www.comicreaders.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=827 Interview with Andrew Goldfarb at Comicreaders.com.
- Wonderella Printed: Ogner Stump
- MySpace.com - The Slow Poisoner - SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA - Gothique / Musique Roots / Psychobilly - www.myspace.com/slowpoisoner