- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 21 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Andrew_Gough. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Andrew_Gough, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Andrew_Gough.
Andrew Gough (born 31 August 1959) is a television presenter and historical researcher.
Biography[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
Television Documentaries[edit | hide | edit source]
In recent years Gough has appeared as a subject-area expert on numerous television documentaries, including:
- What on Earth?
- Forbidden History
- Mysteries of the Abandoned
- Mysteries of the Missing
- Inside Secret Societies
- NASA’s Unexplained Files
- World War Weird
- Ancient Top 10
- Ancient Black Ops
- Ancient Assassins
- The Truth Behind King Arthur
- Nazi Temple of Doom
- Mysteries of Humanity
The channels he contributes to include the History Channel, H2, Discovery Channel, Discovery Science Channel, National Geographic Channel, American History Channel, UK Channel 5, UK Yesterday Channel, and Russia’s REN channel.
Gough also starred in two motion pictures directed by Philip Gardiner: The Stone and Paranormal Haunting.
The Sacred Honeybee[edit | hide | edit source]
Gough is known for his pioneering research into the veneration of the honeybee and is a proponent of the theory that the insect was revered due to its life-affirming attributes, such as the multi-dimensional benefits of honey and the altruistic behaviour of bees in the hive. He argues that these traits inspired elements of goddess worship, politics, society, religion and esoteric symbolism. He has written several in-depth pieces on the subject and is a regular lecturer on the topic, which he calls ‘The Hidden Hive of History’. Gough claims his interest in the honeybee developed when he studied with a Catalan Kabbalist who introduced him to the honeybee’s symbolism.
Rennes-le-Château[edit | hide | edit source]
Gough has written extensively about the mystery of Rennes-le-Château, France, as well as related subjects, such as the existence of the Priory of Sion, which he believes to be a hoax. He served as Chairman of the Rennes Group, a research society that specialises in Rennes-le-Château research, until 2012. He was instrumental in forcing a confession of a high-profile hoax regarding the alleged discovery of the tomb of Mary Magdalene, together with various relics that were claimed to have been discovered in and around Rennes-le-Château.
Radio[edit | hide | edit source]
The Heretic Magazine[edit | hide | edit source]
Notes[edit | hide | edit source]
- What on Earth (Science Channel)
- Gough starred in two films: The Stone, in which he was the leading man, and Paranormal Haunting, in which he had a supporting role. He also assisted as a camera man on other projects directed by Philip Gardiner: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3484875/
- Gough has written for all 12 issues of The Heretic Magazine, including several on the symbolism of the honeybee. Although Gough’s primary research on the veneration of the honeybee has yet to be released (it will be featured in his forthcoming book, The Hidden Hive of History), he has published detailed articles on the Sacred Bee in various publications including, Ancient Code: Are You Ready for the Real 2012?, Reality Press (20 Aug. 2009), ISBN 1934588814, ISBN 978-1934588819. Gough’s research on the honeybee can be found at: http://andrewgough.co.uk/articles/
- Andrew's lectures on the sacred honeybee can be found at: http://www.megalithomania.co.uk/andrewgough.html
- Gough contributed Chapter 1 (‘Rennes-le-Château and the Priory of Sion: The Hidden Mystery Behind the Da Vinci Code’) to Simon Cox’s bestselling book, The Dan Brown Companion, Mainstream Publishing.
- Gough was the catalyst for the confession by Rennes-le-Château hoaxer, Ben Hammott: http://www.benhammott.com/hammott-statement.html
- Gough’s account of the hoax: http://andrewgough.co.uk/hoax/
- Gough on Coast to Coast in 2013: https://www.coasttocoastam.com/guest/gough-andrew/61261 Gough on Red Ice Radio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAAUSyFpZUg