|Born||February 20, 1979|
|Known for||e-commerce, consumer internet|
Andy Dunn (born February 20, 1979) is an American entrepreneur and the CEO of Bonobos Inc., the parent company of Bonobos (apparel) and Maide golf. Dunn has served as CEO since co-founding the Bonobos brand in 2007. In 2013 he launched golf apparel brand, Maide, under Bonobos Inc. In 2011 Dunn cofounded the angel investment firm, Red Swan Ventures, which is focused on building consumer Internet companies.
Dunn grew up in Chicago. He graduated from Northwestern University in 2000 with a bachelors degree in economics and history and earned his M.B.A. from Stanford Graduate School of Business in 2007.
Dunn was a consultant for Bain & Company in the United States and Latin America from 2000 to 2003. His time at Bain led him to consulting for catalog-based retailer Lands’ End, which served as inspiration for the direct-to-consumer business and customer service model of Bonobos. In 2003, Dunn worked as a private equity analyst at Wind Point Partners before heading to business school at Stanford Graduate School of Business in 2005.
Started in 2007 by Stanford Business School graduates Andy Dunn and Brian Spaly, Bonobos was founded with the goal to provide men with better-fitting clothes. The company launched with khakis that eliminate "Khaki Diaper Butt” and they now offer multiple categories including casual and dress shirts, suits, swim, outerwear and sweaters, in addition to golf apparel under the company's Maide label.
Awards and recognition[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
- Dunn was named to Crain’s New York Business’ Forty under 40 list in 2013.
References[edit | hide | edit source]
- ALEXEI KANSARA, VIKRAM (19 July 2013). "Andy Dunn of Bonobos on Building the Armani of the E-Commerce Era". Business of Fashion. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- Garbarino, Steve (29 April 2013). "Is It Tee Time, or Martini Time?". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- Cain Miller, Claire (26 November 2009). "On a Mission to Banish the Saggy Bottom". New York Times. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- Lipke, David (29 September 2011). "Bonobos Grows With Denim and Shirt Lines". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- Lipke, David (19 March 2013). "Bonobos Takes Swing at Golf". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved 18 July 2013.