A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on April 4 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Anjali_Ameer. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Anjali_Ameer, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Anjali_Ameer.
Anjali Ameer was born in  Thamarassery, Kozhikode Calicut, Kerala in an orthodox Muslim family . She is the first Transgender or Transsexual actress to play a key role in Indian film. Her first film is Peranbu with the Malayalam's Superstar Mammootty. She is a model turn actress who undergoes Sex reassignment surgery at the age of 20.
Personal life[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
Ameer was born as a male child in a Muslim Family. He lost his mother at his younger age and father before a couple of years. As a child, Anjali showed his feminine character and want to become a girl. Acting and Dance was his passion. After 10th he ran away from his hometown to Banglore and to Coimbatore to become a female. At the age of 20 he undergoes sex reassignment surgery and become a female. He worked in call centers, beauty parlors etc.
Acting career[edit | hide | edit source]
As most of the transgenders end their life into prostitution, dancing or begging, Anjali and her courage make her reach a good stage as a model and from there to an actress. She anchored in many TV shows and not many people including her manager knew that she was a transsexual.
After watching an interview in [Manorama News] Channel, Mammootty invited her to act in the film [Peranbu]. Peranbu  which will be released in Malayalam and Tamil will be her first film. She is playing the role of a Malayali girl called Meera in this film. She is getting a lot of offers from Tamil and Telugu after the casting in this film. She has acted and anchored in many Tamil and Telugu televisions.
References[edit | hide | edit source]
- "Meet Anjali Ameer, The First Transsexual To Play The Lead Role In An Indian Movie"
- "Meet Anjali Ameer, Mammootty’s transgender co-star from his new film"
- "Chat with Anjali Ameer"
- "Transgender model from Kerala to be superstar Mammootty's heroine"
- "Mammootty introduces his transwoman co-star Anjali Ameer"
- "My role except that I play a Malayali girl called Meera"