- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on October 21 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Anna_Ataeva. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Anna_Ataeva, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Anna_Ataeva.
Original short description: "American painter"
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Anna Ataeva (born February 3, 1980) is a Moscow-born contemporary artist now living in Los Angeles. She is best known for her work in Houston, Texas through the Rice Media Center and local Houston galleries.
Education[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
Anna Ataeva received a master's degree from the Moscow State Academic V.I. Surikov Art Institute, and then continued her education at the former studio of Ilya Kabakov. Ms. Ataeva arrived in Houston nine years ago and quickly established her studio practice. Her works are in collections in the United States and Europe. She was trained for classical painting styles.
Artwork[edit | hide | edit source]
Currently, Ms. Ataeva is developing her oil on canvas paintings along two separate lines. The first is a series of contemplative works dealing with the observation of light on water, water plants and koi fish. The other takes a more expressionist track, presenting the human form portrayed as emotionally charged, stretched and contorted figures in space. Her artwork is displayed in collections in the United States and in Europe. Ataeva is inspired by the expressionist works of artists Egon Schile and Nikolai Fechin.
Career[edit | hide | edit source]
Her most recognized medium is oil on canvas; her contemporary paintings are classified as figurative art. Ataeva has had her own studio in Houston, Texas for about 6 years now. Ataeva has participated in about one hundred exhibitions and art shows. Ataeva's work of paintings has been shown in art halls ranging from Moscow, Brussels, London, and in the United States.
Biography[edit | hide | edit source]
Anna Ataeva was born in Moscow, Russia in the year of 1980. She came to Houston, Texas when she was 24 years old, and she did not know how to speak English.
Selected solo shows[edit | hide | edit source]
- 2004 – Solo exhibition at Art Hall of Russian Society, Houston, Texas, USA
- 2002 – Solo exhibition at Hall of All Russia Cultural Center, Moscow
- 2002 – Solo exhibition at All-Russia Cultural Center, Moscow
- 2002 – Solo exhibition at “Create!” Art Club, Moscow
[edit | hide | edit source]
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 927: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).Template:US-artist-stub