Anna Zanardi Cappon
Anna Zanardi Cappon (born in Milan on the 26 July 1964) is an International Board Advisor for CEO's and C-level teams and carries out research on theological and philosophical themes such as Ancient Civilisations, Oriental Philosophies and fundamental questions about contemporary society. She is also a clinical psychologist with systemic training at the Mental Research Institute in Palo Alto and works across all sectors.
Anna speaks Italian, German, English, French, Spanish, Russian. She has knowledge of Sanskrit, Biblical Hebrew, and Quranic Arabic due to her studies in theology and ancient sacred texts. She is also a professor, journalist and an author of various books.
Studies[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
In 1982 Anna attended a course taught by French surgeon, neurobiologist, writer and philosopher Henri Laborit and between 1986-1988 she specialised in Psychotherapy in Milan and in Psychology in the US. During that time she also studied at Stanford University, and at Lesley University, Cambridge.
In 1987 she gained a masters in Neuro-linguistic programming and Ericksonian Hypnosis at the Eastern NLP Trenton Institute, New Jersey. She also earned a degree in systematic communications and family therapy at the Mental Research Institute, Palo Alto, California.
In 1991-1992 she studied at the International Foundation Erich Fromm in Florence.
Executive coaching[edit | hide | edit source]
Anna is a qualified executive coach and specialises in organisational and managerial transformation. She supports the top management of companies, non-profit organisations and government bodies in their decision-making process.
Between 1983-1984 she trained at the Associazione Italiana Formatori and in 1986-1989 she was a training consultant for international companies. In 1988 she was a registered Assessor at the Assessment and Development Consultant LTD in the UK and was registered as a CTU at the Court of Milan. She was responsible for motivational training interventions, human resources development and coaching at large global corporate companies.
In 1995-2000, Anna coached international companies and large retailers, and various leading head-hunting companies. In 1996 she published the first book on the topic of coaching in Italy called "Coaching Automotivazionale" (self-motivational coaching) with Italian publisher Franco Angeli. She has a certificate in consulting management and business organisation at A.P.C.O. (Associazione Professionale Italiana Consulenti di Management) which she gained in that same year. In 2007 she was registered on the National Register of Counsellors as a Counsellor Trainer on F.A.I.P.
She continued to gain qualifications throughout her career and in 2012 she received the title as mediator at the SDM-FSM (Swiss Mediation Federation). She also received a certificate in 2015 in recognition of completing the Hogan Assessment. In 2017, Anna gained a certificate in Wellness and Well-Being from the National Consortium for Credentialing Health and Wellness Coaches and a Board-Certified Coach (BCC) credential from the Center for Credentialing & Education.
In 2018 she received a certificate of membership for the United States Ombudsman Association. She offers support, according to the ethical principles stated in the International Ombuds Association, to corporations who are in need of assistance on Neutrality, Independence and Confidentiality in order to prevent, reconcile and mediate conflicts.
Journalism[edit | hide | edit source]
Anna has written for many publications and was registered on the Register of Journalists of Lombardy (1997). She is the author of articles in several main Italian newspapers (such as Corriere della Sera) and magazines on the themes of cultural change and its complexity. Between 2002-2012 she was the Scientific Director of the monthly publication Psychologies in Italy for Lagardère, and she also contributed to the Spanish edition.
Academic career[edit | hide | edit source]
In 1986-1989 she started her academic career at the University of Florence as a Professor of Pedagogy. In 1993, she was a visiting Professor of Psychology at the University of Rijeka in Croatia and in 1995 she was a visiting Professor of Pedagogy at the University of Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Between 1996-2002 she taught group Psychology, Personal Development and Teaching Methods at various institutions such as La Scala Theatre in Milan. She also taught at the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore in Milan between 1989-2003. Between 1990-2002 she was a Professor of General Psychology and Pedagogy at various institutions such as the Institute of Psychographics in Mantua, Lombardy. Since 1993 she has been a member of the A.E.D.I.S. Association Européenne des Docteurs et Ingeniers Specialistes, and in 1995 she became a member of the Professional Federation for the Direction of the European Professional Registers in Psychology Disciplines at the Universitè Européenne Jean Monnet A.I.s.b.l.
She works with INSEAD's Corporate Governance Initiative Centre on a dedicated research programme.
Collaborations[edit | hide | edit source]
In 2015 she collaborated with TedxMilanoWomen for the theme of "Unlock the Future" and participated as a speaker. Her talk was called "The Change Advisor".
Publications[edit | hide | edit source]
She is the author of publications and essays on topics such as leadership in organisations and on different branches of psychology (listed below):
- Zanardi, Anna., Cavallo, M. Monica. (2013).Mente, Cervello e Respiro Come il respiro consapevole attiva processi di cambiamento, apprendimento e trasformazione. Tecniche Nuove
- Cappon, Zanardi., Anna. (2012).Tutto Lavoro e Famiglia.Come affrontare con successo la confuzione di un’impresa familiare. Tecniche Nuove.
- Zanardi, Anna., Standring, Rachel. (2012). Mummy’s Boys Daddy’s Girls.
- Zanardi, Anna., Rosso, Renzo., Standring, Rachel. (2012).The Courage to be Stupid.
- Zanardi, Anna. (2011).Il Coraggio di Essere Stupidi. Tecniche Nuove.
- Zanardi, Anna. (2010).Cocchi di Mamma, Cocche di Papà. Tecniche Nuove.
- Zanardi, Anna. (2009).La dimension psychologique de la maladie. Éditions du Dauphin.
- Zanardi, Anna. (2005). Psicosomatica della pelle. Tecniche Nuove.
- Zanardi, Anna. (2003). Il coaching auto motivazionale. FrancoAngeli.
- Zanardi, Anna. (2003). Automotivazione. Per crescere bene fuori bisogna prima crescere bene dentro. FrancoAngeli.
- Zanardi, Anna.(2003). Felici e scontenti. Tecniche Nuove.
- Zanardi, Anna. (2003). Il Colloquio nell’Adozione. FrancoAngeli.
- Panerai, Alberto, E. (2002). Che Stress! Effetti sulla salute, consigli pratici, terapie. Tecniche Nuove. (Anna contributed by writing a chapter on “Psychological aspects of stress and psychological therapy” analysing various issues related to the psychological handling of stress, and how to prevent it ruining our lives).
- Zanardi, Anna. (2001). Dinamiche interpersonali e sviluppo del sé. FrancoAngeli.
- Zanardi, Anna. (2001). Il Linguaggio degli organi. Tecniche Nuove.
References[edit | hide | edit source]
- LUISS Business School (2017-10-13), Family Business Management: un focus con Anna Zanardi Cappon, retrieved 2019-02-25
- TEDx Talks (2015-06-18), The Change Advisor | Anna Zanardi | TEDxMilanoWomen, retrieved 2019-02-25