Anne Welsh is a British sickle cell advocate and former chairperson of the UK Sickle Cell Society. She is the founder and President of Arise Consult and formerly the chair of the Olusegun Obasanjo Foundation.
Education[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
Career[edit | hide | edit source]
Prior to founding Arise Consult, Welsh was a Vice President at New World Capital, a London based strategic advisory and investment management firm. Before that, Welsh was a Senior Vice-Associate of Corporate Communications at Lehman Brothers and Neuberger Berman where she reported directly to the director of the UK Asset Management Division and was responsible for the fund’s European communications strategy.
Humanitarian work[edit | hide | edit source]
As a sickle cell sufferer, she is an advocate for awareness for the disease and was the Chairperson of the UK Sickle Cell Society for two years. In 2012, she also took on a tremendously challenging role as Vice- Chairperson of the Olusegun Obasanjo Foundation. Recruited by the ex-President of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo,Anne oversaw establishing the charity and raising the profile of the foundation worldwide. She organized the initial charity fundraising event that brought in an unprecedented six African Presidents to London.
Anne organized the Clinton Global Initiative event on investment held in New York City during the United Nations week in 2016. She also facilitated the African Union session on youth empowerment and the UK All Party Parliamentary Group responsible for bringing in new laws supporting sickle cell patients across England and Wales. Side meetings have been organized at these events, allowing direct personal connections between decision makers.
References[edit | hide | edit source]
- "Sickle-cell advocate Anne Welsh refutes allegation of money laundering, slams online medium - Vanguard News". Vanguard News. 2016-08-10. Retrieved 2018-07-28.
- "Anne Welsh Fired From Obasanjo Foundation, After SaharaReporters Released Details On Money Laundering Scandal | Sahara Reporters". Sahara Reporters. 2015-05-08. Retrieved 2018-07-28.
- "CGI 2016 Annual Meeting". Clinton Foundation. Retrieved 2018-07-28.
- "A Fond Farewell to the Clinton Global Initiative, which Pioneered a new Model of Philanthropy | UN Dispatch". UN Dispatch. 2016-09-26. Retrieved 2018-07-28.
- Mix, Pulse. "Anne Welsh talks about having baby with sickle cell". Retrieved 2018-07-28.