The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Template:No footnotes BLP Anqui is a Norwegian R&B/Jazz singer-songwriter.
Life & Career[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
Anqui was born April 24th in 1986 and grew up in a multi cultured part of Oslo. Living in a Scandinavian country with all styles of music to flow freely through radio, TV and the Web clearly had a great influence on Anqui as a composer and songwriter. She started to perform and compose at the age of 5, and by the age of 12, she had written several songs, performed in musicals for children and even a girl band, as well as recording in studios, as she had quickly developed a mature voice and an understanding of musical compositions.
Anqui moved from Oslo to Barcelona in 2005, at the age of 19. She soon started performing at different venues, as well as collaborating both local and international producers, while studying for a university degree at the Pompeu Fabra University (Translation & Interpretation). The EP “Turn My Clock” along with Hip Hop/Jazz producer duo Debilorithmicos was released on vinyl in 2011 along with a music video directed by movie producer Santi Aguado. Anqui's second release, Do What, also within the Jazz genre, was created along with the French DJ duo The Jivers, released by Jazz & Milk on vinyl, and picked up by various Jazz compilations.
In the years to follow, Anqui was given the opportunity to sing at major festivals in Barcelona (e. g. Sónar, BAM), and started working side by side with Spanish pioneer Hip Hop producer Griffi (Sólo los Solo). She was integrated as a member of his crew Chacho Brodas and also performed as a duo with Griffi. Anqui also began working as an artist for event agencies singing at private events, performing in customized, Cirque du Soleil-inspired shows at prestigious venues such as Gaudí’s Casa Battló, the National Art Museum of Catalonia, L’Auditori, Dalí’s Le Rachdingue and many more.
Discography[edit | hide | edit source]
- Debilorithmicos EP (2011). Turn My Clock feat. Anqui. Molts Records.
- The Jivers EP (2011) Do What feat. Anqui. Jazz & Milk.
- The Suicide of Western Culture Remixes (2011). Griffi Medicina feat. Anqui. Irregular.
- Chacho Brodas Album (2012)Amor de MPC, Mala Pecora, Cocaine Diva, El Culo Volador, Smilodon Fatales, Los Amantes De Marte. Warner Music Spain.
- Anqui Single (2015) Rude Girls. Del Palo Records.
- Tote King Album (2015 Mic Masters feat. Chyno Nyno & Anqui. Sony Music Spain.
- Anqui Single (2016) Yung Bwoi. Girl In A Suitcase.
- FastBoo Album (2017) Be My King feat. Anqui. Little Red Corvette Records.
- InnerCut Single (2017). Find Love feat. Anqui. Artist Intelligence Agency.