- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on July 31 2015. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Antonio_Astuti. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Antonio_Astuti, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Antonio_Astuti.
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In 2009 Antonio Astuti began racing Go Karts at the age of 7 with his father, under the banner of Astuti Motorsport. It was not until March 2010 when he scored his first podium finish at the Go Kart Club of Victoria, this first podium finish was the first of many successful races in his racing career. Astuti won his first Go Karting championship at the Go Kart Club of Victoria in 2013 competing in the Australian Rookie class.
At the age of 10 Astuti was one of 18 young go karters selected Australia wide to participate in the V8 Karting Kids event held at the Norton 360 Sandown Challenge in 2011. The event allowed the young drivers including Astuti to complete some parade laps of the front straight at Sandown Raceway, have breakfast with most of the V8 Supercar drivers and team members along with garage tours of the V8 Supercar teams. Astuti was paired up with Mark Winterbottom for the course of the day.
In 2014 Astuti received an invitation to compete in the prestigious Race of Stars located in the Gold Coast and held on the weekend of the V8 Supercars Gold Coast 600. The event sees Australia's best racers battle it out at the Xtreme Karting complex in Pimpama over Friday and Saturday, later hitting the streets for a parade on Sunday. Unfortunately Astuti could not compete in the event due to other commitments.
In 2014 Astuti presented to 2nd graders from Overnewton Anglican Community College about the safety aspects of Go Kart racing and other basic information about the sport such as; licences, flags and tyres.
Astuti was able to have an article about his racing career and ambitions published in the Leader Newspaper.
Astuti was one of 20 junior drivers invited to be part of the 2015 Australian Grand Prix pre race national anthem on behalf of Karting Australia. Astuti held the Brazilian flag behind Felipe Nasr on the start/finish line during the Australian national anthem which was played before the race. This was broadcast live on television and streamed live.
In 2015 Astuti is competing in the Australian Karting Championships, racing in the international CIK-KF3 class.
Some of Astuti's first place racing achievements are;
- Go Kart Club of Victoria Rookie of 2013
- Rookie Go Kart Club of Victoria Champion 2013
- Go Kart Club of Victoria Gold Cup winner 2013
- Geelong Kart Club Val & Joyce Findlay memorial winner 2013
- Geelong Kart Club Junior Challenge Junior National Light pole position 2014
- Junior National Light Go Kart Club of Victoria Champion 2014