- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on August 8 2014. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Anubha_Bhonsle. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Anubha_Bhonsle, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Anubha_Bhonsle.
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Career[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
Anubha Bhonsle has been a television journalist since at least 1999. She has performed in-depth reporting from the North East, Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh and other parts of India. Her reports on marginalized people in society have brought her particular recognition. She has also been noted for her show, 'Paisa Power Politics', exploring issues of political campaign financing. She was the first journalist to reach Kedarnath during the Uttarakhand flood of 2013, about which she noted: "It was broadcast news’ unrelenting coverage in a tough terrain and very complex logistics that brought the full import of the tragedy. On a different note, in times like these the reporter has to make sure that they don’t become a liability for rescue teams etc which I thought was a crisis I saw at times."
In a 2014 interview, she was asked about the changing roles of women in India media. The CNN-IBN news anchor and Senior Editor, who had also worked previously at NDTV stated: "The progress that women have made as important voices in this industry notwithstanding, it’s men who still hold major leadership positions, women in the media workforce still by and large remain foot soldiers, with management and top rung editorial positions being dominated by men. These remain two realms of reality," while also noting: "I have personally never had a reason to complain at CNN-IBN."
Awards[edit | hide | edit source]
Selected publications[edit | hide | edit source]
References[edit | hide | edit source]
- "CNN-IBN's Anubha Bhonsle gets Chameli Devi award". IBNLive. March 20, 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- "CNN-IBN wins 3 awards at the Ramnath Goenka Awards 2012". Best Media Info. January 18, 2012. Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- Somi Das (March 21, 2014). "In Conversation With Anubha Bhonsle". News Laundry. Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- Amrita Tripathi (20 July 2014). "Women in the newsroom". Himal Southasian. Retrieved 2014-08-25.
- "Anubha Bhonsle wins Chameli Devi Jain Award". WebIndia123. UNI. March 14, 2014. Retrieved 2014-08-25.