|Born||May 20, 1979|
|Alma mater||International Management Institute|
|Occupation||Vice President & Head – Corporate Marketing, HCL Technologies|
|Known for||Author of You Are The Key – Unlocking Doors Through Social Selling|
Apurva Chamaria is the Vice President and Head - Corporate Marketing for HCL Technologies.
Early life[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
Apurva (born May 20, 1979) completed his schooling from Mayo College, Ajmer. He holds a double master’s in business management (PGP from IMI) and advertising (from Indian Institute of Mass Communication, JNU). He has worked in various sales & marketing positions at Ranbaxy Laboratories (now Sun Pharmaceuticals). He has also been a journalist and a client servicing executive at an advertising agency. In various parts of his career he has worked in Asia-Pacific, India, Africa, U.K. and North America.
Career at HCL Technologies[edit | hide | edit source]
Apurva joined HCL Technologies as a Category Marketing Manager for Lifesciences and Healthcare. Between 2008 and 2013, Apurva held a number of roles at the firm, including Head,Global Marketing & Strategy for the Enterprise Application & Transformation Services division, Sales Director for HCL America, Inc. as well as Senior Director & Head - Global Sales & Marketing Excellence.
Apurva, currently is the Vice-President and Global Business Head- Brand & Digital Marketing. His team focuses on brand marketing, employee marketing, thought-leadership and digital marketing. His team worked on the digital transformation partnership with Manchester United F.C..
Other Professional Roles and Accomplishments[edit | hide | edit source]
He is one of the key speaker at TED x, IAMAI MarCon, DMAI GMAW, Oracle Cloud World, LinkedIn Tech Connect, Microsoft Ignite, Paul Writer GIIMS, Hindustan Times Top 50 Brands and Exchange for Media Pitch Top 50 Brands. He teaches a full credit digital marketing course at the Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) & Great Lakes Institute of Management. He is also a member of the advisory board at Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA), Ahmedabad and a columnist for the Pitch and Digital Market Asia magazines. He is an advisor to Invest India, Government of India.
His book "You are the key – unlocking doors through Social Selling" (Bloomsbury) stresses on the need for targeted social selling for successful digital presence.
References[edit | hide | edit source]
- Paul Writer, "In Conversation with Apurva Chamaria, AVP & Global Business Head- Brand & Digital Marketing, HCL Technologies Ltd.", Paul Writer, March 26, 2015. Retrieved 2016-06-17
- Campaign India Team, "HCL Technologies is Man Utd's digital transformation partner.", Campaign India, September 03, 2015. Retrieved 2016-06-17
- Hrishikesh Joshi, "Pune-based MIT starts India's first education focused accelerator programme.", Business Standard, March 14, 2016. Retrieved 2016-06-17
- "IMPACT ADVISORS AND SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS.", EDUGILD Retrieved 2016-06-17
- LinkedIn TECHconnect, "Apurva Chamaria", LinkedIn TECHconnect Retrieved 2016-06-17
- ET Bureau,"Author Apurva Chamaria's Book Talks about How Niche Social Media is the Next Big Thing",Economic Times, March 4, 2016. Retrieved 2016-06-17.