- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on November 7 2017. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Ardit_Bido. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ardit_Bido, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Ardit_Bido.
|General Director |
General Directorate of Archives (Albania)
|Assumed office |
1 September 2016
|Prime Minister||Edi Rama|
20 July 1987
|Alma mater||University of Tirana (BA, MA, PHD)|
Early life and education[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
Ardit Bido was born in Saranda, Albania on 20 July 1987. He graduated with a Bachelor's degree on journalism from the University of Tirana. He received his Master's degree and PHD on international relations at the same university. His dissertation was focused on the links between religion, politics and international relations.
Career[edit | hide | edit source]
Bido worked as a journalist in a number of media outlets, firstly as an editor of national daily Standard newspaper, after briefly contributing at Albanian Radio Television and Club FM radio station. Between 2008 and 2011, he was hired as editor-in-chief by Ora News Radio Television and later by Standard newspaper. In 2012 he launched Kombetare newspaper, which he published until 2013. Bido also worked as public relations officer of the University of Tirana and Director of Communications of the Metropolitan University of Tirana, before redirecting his career in the public administration. He was appointed senior adviser to the General Director of the Social Insurance Institute, the largest public institution in Albania in 2013.
On 1 September 2016, Prime Minister Edi Rama nominated Bido as the General Director of Archives of Albania. During his tenure, the General Directorate of Archives published online the full catalogue of its material and an application for online access to the archives and managed to implement a number of digitization projects. Thus, he is credited with the digital modernization of the institution, making it comparable to developed countries' archives, according to the Voice of America, alongside important new regulations in the archival sector of the Republic of Albania.
Academia[edit | hide | edit source]
Besides his professional career, Bido has pursued an academic career, being a part time lecturer of the Journalism Department of the University of Tirana, where he lectures Media landscape in Europe. He also lectures at the Metropolitan University of Tirana. Bido is an academic member of the Athens Institute of Education and Research, as well as of the editorial board of Metropolitan Tirana Journal and the Athens Journal of Social Sciences. He has participated in a number of courses and trainings, related to public and international relations, organized by NATO, United States Embassy and other institutions, in Albania, Belgium, Luxembourg, Serbia etc.
- Bido, Ardit (2016). Kisha Ortodokse Shqiptare: një histori politike (1878-1937) [Albanian Orthodox Church: a political history (1878-1937)] (in Albanian). Tirana, Albania: UET Press. ISBN 9928190739.
- Bido, Ardit (2010). Koncesioni editorial i medias shqiptare [Editorial concessions of the Albanian media]. Tirana, Albania: Trifon Xhagjika.
Personal life[edit | hide | edit source]
See also[edit | hide | edit source]
References[edit | hide | edit source]
- Fuga, Artan (2012). Udhërrëfyesi i studimeve [Studies guide] (PDF) (in Albanian). Tirana, Albania: University of Tirana.
- "Metropolitan Tirana Journal" (PDF). Metropolitan Tirana Journal. 2017. ISBN 978-9928-4267-2-7. Retrieved 6 November 2017.
- "Athens Journal of Social Sciences" (PDF). Athens Journal of Social Sciences. 2017. ISSN 2241-7737. Retrieved 6 November 2017.