- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on June 13 2016. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Artyom_Geghamyan. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Artyom_Geghamyan, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Artyom_Geghamyan.
Artyom Geghamyan is an Armenian lawyer. He is a graduate of Yerevan State University, Public Administration Academy, Indiana University, and Harvard University, where he specialized in public administration. In July 25, 2014 was appointed deputy justice minister of Armenia.
Early years and education[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
Artyom Geghamyan was born on January 10, 1980 in Yeghvard, Armenia, where he attended secondary school. As a child, he studied music and played violin. He was so serious about music that was preparing to apply to the conservatory. However, he later changed his mind and entered the law department at the Yerevan State University.
Education[edit | hide | edit source]
- 1997 -2001 Yerevan State University School of Law, Master of Law (LL.M) International Law
- 2001-2003 Yerevan State University School of Law, Bachelor’s degree, JurisprudenceUpon graduating from Yerevan State University School of Law in 2001, he started his Master’s program in the same school in the field of International Trade Law and graduated with honor in 2003.
- 2003-2006 Public Administration Academy of the Republic of Armenia, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), European Union Law and Integration
- 2006-2007 Indiana University School of Law Indianapolis, LLM, International and Comparative Law 
- 2012-2013 Harvard Kennedy School of Government, Master of Public Administration (MPA), Business and Government.
Work experience[edit | hide | edit source]
- 2001 - 2005 Assistant Chief Justice/Head of Registar in Commercial Court of Appeal
- 2005 - 2006 Senior Legal Counsel in America Legal and Tax Advisors 
- 2007 - 2008 Head of Chair for Criminal Legal Procedure in Prosecutors' Training School
- 2008 - 2009 Head of Department in Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Armenia
- 2009 - 2012 Legal Officer in Council of Europe, Directorate General on Human Rights and Rule of Law 
- 2013 - 2014 Research Fellow/Associate in Transitional Justice in Carr Center for Human Rights Policy, Harvard University Kennedy School of Government 
- 2014 - 2014 Deputy Minister of Justice of the Republic of Armenia
- 2014–present Chief Legal Officer in Vallex Group