- This article was considered for deletion at Wikipedia on March 19 2018. This is a backup of Wikipedia:Austin_Frerick. All of its AfDs can be found at Wikipedia:Special:PrefixIndex/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Austin_Frerick, the first at Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Austin_Frerick.
Austin Ronald Frerick (born January 17, 1989) is an American politician from the U.S. state of Iowa. In 2017, Frerick announced he would challenge Republican Congressman David Young for his seat in the United States House of Representatives representing Iowa’s 3rd congressional district. He is running as a Democrat.
Personal life[edit | hide all | hide | edit source]
Career[edit | hide | edit source]
Political positions[edit | hide | edit source]
Frerick’s platform focuses on breaking up business monopolies. He has received attention for his opposition to the proposed Monsanto-Bayer merger. He has also proposed using the federal Farm Bill to fund Iowa State’s Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture and supports free community college, federal investment in rural access to high speed internet, a national version of the "Vision Iowa" program, and doubling the funding for the Conservation Reserve Program.
2018 U.S. Congressional election[edit | hide | edit source]
Frerick announced his run against incumbent Representative David Young on August 4th, 2017.
References[edit | hide | edit source]
- Noble, Jason (2017-08-04). "Democrat Austin Frerick is running for Congress in Iowa's 3rd". Des Moines Register. Des Moines. Retrieved 2017-09-23.
- Dayen, David (2017-10-01). "Anti-Monopoly Candidates Are Testing a New Politics in the Midterms". The Intercept. New York. Retrieved 2017-10-02.
- Rappeport, Alan (1 December 2017). "Ahead of Vote, Promised Treasury Analysis of Tax Bill Proves Elusive". The New York Times. Retrieved 15 February 2018.
- Posner, Emeline (2017-08-23). ""They're Hollowing Out Rural Communities": Why We Need to Oppose Corporate Consolidation". In These Times. Chicago. Retrieved 2017-09-23.
- ""Frerick Calls on Greenfield And Young To Return Contributions And Oppose Merger"". The Valley News. Shenandoah, Iowa. 2017-11-09. Retrieved 2017-12-03.
- Frerick, Austin (2017-07-20). "To save rural Iowa, we must oppose Monsanto-Bayer merger". Des Moines Register. Des Moines. Retrieved 2017-09-23.
- "Frerick announces "Rurally Good Deal"". The Valley News. 26 October 2017. Retrieved 15 February 2018.